- What personal information we collect
We collect from you directly, when you use our Services, and from third parties.
- Name and contact data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar personal information data.
- Credentials: We collect passwords and security information used for authentication and account access.
- Payment data: We, or our third-party service providers, collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your credit card number, CCV number or PayPal account information.
- Usage data: We collect information about how you interact with our Services. In some cases, we do this through cookies, pixel tags, and similar device identification technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. This includes information about the operating systems and other software installed on your device. Moreover, it contains data about the performance of the products or services and any problems you experience with them.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and network information.
- Location and Demographic data: We collect information about your location in two ways. When you register or purchase a product or service, we may request a billing address or country location. We also may derive data from your IP address. We also collect information about your preferred language.
- Content: We collect the content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the services you use. For example, if you receive a message using the Application messaging service, we need to collect the content of that message to deliver it to your softphone client, display it to you, enable you to reply to it, and store it for you until you choose to delete it. Examples of this data include the content of instant messages, or documents, photos, music or videos you file transfer using the services.
We also collect the content of the messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions or information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to the Application account with a payment provider or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or application.
- If you use the Application through an account associated with a partner distribution company, we may receive information about you from that partner company.
- How We Use Personal Data
We use the data we collect to provide you with the services we offer and to improve and personalise your experiences. We also may use the data to communicate with you, including sending you information on security updates, account status notices and product changes or updates. Further details on how we specifically use your data are outlined below:
- Providing and improving our products and services:We use data to provide and improve the services we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the services, maintaining and improving the performance of the services, including the development of new features, research, and providing customer support;
- Business operations and compliance:As a publicly traded company, Inabox is required to file numerous reports with different administrative bodies. As such, we may provide aggregate statistics about customers, sales and traffic patterns. None of these reports or statistics include personally identifiable information. However, we reserve the right to use the personally identifiable information to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity that threatens either Inabox or any company affiliated with Inabox.
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends; and
- Personalise and improve the Application, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- When we may disclose your personal information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- Law Enforcement Agencies: In response to a request for information by competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with the efficient administration of justice or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, ordinance, licence, operating agreement, or legal process;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of the Application that are viewable by the general public;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymised form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined specific types of device data that applications cannot access without your consent. Moreover, these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. Most platform will alert you the first time the Application wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Some Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Application seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the application constitutes your consent.
- Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We typically hold the personal information we collect on servers in electronic databases which may be located overseas and managed by our related entities and/or service providers.
We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and protect the information about you that we collect. The Personal Information and associated data stored on servers is encrypted and is stored through data isolation technology. We limit access to personal information to individuals we or our related entities employ or contracted service providers whom we believe reasonably need access to such information to provide products or services to you or us or to perform their jobs.
- Your Rights
- Correcting your personal information
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-application account. If you wish to delete your account, please contact our support and request deletion of your account. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
- Access your information
In most cases, you have access to your personal information that we hold about you. We handle your access information requests in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. We deal with all requests for information as quickly as possible. Requests for a significant amount of personal information, or information that is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. We may charge you a fee for access if a cost is incurred by us in order to retrieve your data, but in no case will we charge you a fee for your application for access.
In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to data that we hold about you. This may include circumstances where giving you access would:
- be unlawful (eg, where a record that contains data about you is subject to a claim for the legal professional privilege by one of our contractual counterparties);
- have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy; or
- prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity.
We may also refuse access where the data relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
- GDPR for EU Residents only
The Application complies with the data handling regime laid out in the GDPR in respect of any data of data subjects in the EU that we may obtain.
- GDPR rights
- You are entitled to request details of the information that we hold about you and how we process it. We will provide this information for no fee;
- You may also have a right to:
- Have that information rectified or deleted;
- Restrict our processing of that information;
- Stop unauthorised transfers of your data to a third party;
- In some circumstances, have that information transferred to another organisation; and
- Lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your data with a local supervisory authority.
- Where we rely upon your consent as our legal basis for collecting and processing your data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If you object to the processing of your data, or if you have provided your consent to the processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. However, please be aware that:
- Such objection or withdrawal of consent could mean that we are unable to provide our services to you, and could unduly prevent us from legitimately providing our services to other customers/clients’ subject to appropriate confidentiality protections; and
- Even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue to keep and process your data to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular:
- To pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact on your rights, freedoms or interests; and
- In exercising and defending our legal rights and meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Duration of retention of your data
We will only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, subject to satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. At the end of any retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised (for example, by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning). In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data.
- Questions or Concerns